Brian E. Johnson
Direct Dial: 843.577.1209
Brian Johnson is a partner at the Hood Law Firm, LLC. He focuses on civil litigation defense in the practice areas of medical malpractice, healthcare litigation, premises liability, and commercial litigation.
Brian is a member of the South Carolina State Bar, The United States District Court for the District of South Carolina and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. He obtained a B.S. from Clemson University in 2003 and earned his J.D. from the University of South Carolina School of Law in 2007.
Brian has contributed to The DefenseLine, the publication of the South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association and has spoken to groups on topics related to healthcare litigation. He has also participated in the South Carolina Lawyer Mentoring Program. Brian was named a “Rising Star” by South Carolina Super Lawyers in 2016.
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 2007
- B.S., Clemson University, 2003
- State Bar of South Carolina
- United States District Court, District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
- Civil litigation
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Healthcare Litigation
- Premises Liability
- Commercial Litigation
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
- South Carolina Bar
- Charleston County Bar
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- Defense Research Institute
- S C Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” 2016
LOCAL AND CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS
- Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired – Charleston, Advancement Committee