James W. Clement
Direct Dial: 843.577.1238
Jim Clement practices civil litigation as an associate at the Hood Law Firm, LLC. He is a graduate of Tulane University Law School, where he served as managing editor of the Tulane Maritime Law Journal and won its annual write-on competition. After law school, Jim handled eminent domain matters and real estate acquisitions for the Virginia Department of Transportation, before returning to New Orleans to complete a two-year term as law clerk to the Honorable Kurt D. Engelhardt, Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. Jim is licensed to practice law in the state courts of South Carolina, Virginia, and Louisiana.
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 2013
- B.S., University of South Carolina, 2010, Finance, cum laude
- State Bar of Louisiana
- State Bar of South Carolina
- State bar of Virginia
- Breaking Waves: The Ninth Circuit Returns to the Text to Decide DOHSA’s Applicability in Helman v. Alcoa Fasteners, Inc., 36 Tul. Mar. L.J. 339 (2011).
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Charleston County Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorney Association